Podcast: Troubleshooting Zen Study & Practice 27
Translating Buddhist terms can be fraught, especially when we are trying to understand concepts strange to our understanding. This month's question talks to this problem.
This month’s question:
I’ve heard you use the phrase ‘daily life practice’ in some of the talks. Is this different from mindfulness practice?
In this podcast:
- The meaning of a word is in how it is used.
- The basis of Buddhist practice, the three pillars and the Satipatthana sutta.
- Differences between the schools of Buddhism
- Principles and styles
- Translations into English and the adoption of mind/mindfulness
- Why ‘daily life practice’ and its relationship to zazen.
Download this podcast
The French-language Petit Larousse is an example of an illustrated dictionary... By Larousse - Nouveau Dictionnaire larousse 1899, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=23883305